Personal Training - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness (Personal Training) is designed for those who already work in the health and fitness industry and wish to gain new knowledge and skills to continue their professional development as well as for those who wish to enter the sector in a supervisory / managerial role.
The framework is also suitable for those wishing to change career after having worked in a different sector, entering this sector changing their hobby into a job.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (REPS)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (REPS)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Level 3 Award in Employer Awareness in Active Leisure
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Programming to motivate and retain clients
- Principles of Fitness
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Nutrition for Health
- Long-term exercise programming
- Use of Advanced Resistance and Cardiovascular training systems
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by developing a career in Personal Training or Leisure Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.