Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 3 (QCF) at York College
The qualification is made up of 12 units and students must achieve all 12 units to complete the qualification.
Units will include:
- Principles of Supervising Food and Beverage Services
- Principles of Promoting Food and Beverage Services and Products
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Legislation in Food and Beverage Service
- Supervise Food and Beverage Service
- Carve, Fillet, Joint and Serve Food in a Food Service Area
- Prepare and Serve Alcoholic and Cold Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Prepare and Serve Cocktails
- Prepare and Serve Wines
- Prepare, Cook and Serve Food in a Food Service Area
- Provide Advice to Customers on Food and Beverage Matching
- Supervise Hospitality Events
You must have completed Level 2 Hospitality Services Diploma and have 3 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
This qualification is the result of collaboration between industry, education and City and Guilds. It takes into account the latest approach to food safety, health and safety and industry practices.
Assignments, short answer tests and practical assessments.
On completion of this qualification, students may progress onto higher level studies, into employment or onto a management apprenticeship. Potential job opportunities include:
- Bar Manager
- Head Waiter
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Event Co-ordinator
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.