ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy at Hasmonean High School
This course will be run outside normal school hours in conjunction with TrainE-TradeE. The Diploma in Beauty Techniques ITEC (International Technology Education Council) is a national qualification that aims to develop a range of skills and knowledge in beauty treatments and the running of a beauty salon. Students will be required to complete projects and assignments based on a realistic work environment. The qualification is awarded on successful completion of practical work - related courses including treatments, people skills and self confidence.
The ITEC Diploma level 2 qualification is valued by employers, and students can progress further down the vocational educational route by studying beauty at ITEC level 3 or the BTEC National level 3 . You will also be qualified to work in a beauty salon or in cosmetic retail sales.
Topics of study include:
- Scientific Principles for Beauty Therapy
- Basic Skills in Beauty Therapy
- Facial Therapy
- Business and Legal Aspects of Beauty
- Marketing and Retail Sales
- Wishes to develop skills in beauty therapy
- Interested in science and business/marketing
- Willingness to participate in practical activities to support learning and for assessment purposes
Assessment is regular for all units in written, coursework pieces as well as through practical assessment and demonstration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hasmonean High School directly.