Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) CACHE Level 3 Diploma (VRQ) at Gateshead College
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
The aim of this qualification is to confirm the learner’s competence to work in a Level 3 work role.
It requires the learner to demonstrate the full application of skills, knowledge and understanding. This qualification will guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to early years.
Upon achievement of this qualification learners will hold a full and relevant qualification enabling them to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators or progress to Higher Education.
CACHE have structured the units around the following four themes:
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
Learners must achieve:
• 27 mandatory units
- 5 GCSE grades A* - C including English, maths and science (or equivalent)
- Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement as an important part of the assessment process involves evaluating skills in real working situations. CACHE recommends 730 hours across the age ranges.
Upon achievement of this qualification learners will gain their licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators or progress to Higher Education.
Learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as:
- Practitioner in day nurseries
- Practitioner in nursery schools
- Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school worker
- Home based child carer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.