Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care at Woodspeen Training
This Apprenticeship provides candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to work in the adult health and social care sector. The qualification will provide a broad understanding of the health and social care adult sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required.
The Diploma required the development of underpinning knowledge (theory) taken from the certificate and observations in the workplace to demonstrate competence. The Diploma has three pathways:
- Learning Disabilities
Candidates will complete the 9 mandatory units within the certificate below, as well as a selection of optional units.
Examples of Optional Units:
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Dementia awareness
- Causes and spread infection
- Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Administer medication to individuals and monitor the effects
- Provide support for leisure activities
- Support individuals to eat and drink
This Certificate required the completion of underpinning knowledge (theory). This is then linked to the knowledge part of the Diploma. The Certificate can be completed by either a written portfolio or online exams.
To complete the Certificate candidates must achieve the following 9 mandatory units:
- Principles of communction in adult social care settings
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health and social care or children and young peoples settings
- Understand the role of the health and social care worker
- Understand person centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
Candidates will have a genuine inetrest in working within the Adult Social Care Sector. Math and English Grade A - D or equivalent
Follow on courses:
Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma (Adults) for England.
Methods of recording study:
E-portfolio and paper based portfolio options are available.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.