Sport (Female College Academy in association with Chelsea FC Foundation) BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma at Guildford College
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in working within the sports and leisure industry in careers such as coaching, sports development, teaching, governing body or club administration, fitness instruction or personal training, leisure centre management or sales and marketing. Also for individuals with a desire to develop their football and aim to progress on to the highest levels of football.
For talented female football players aged between the ages of 16 - 19, the Merrist Wood Female College Academy, in association with Chelsea FC Foundation, provides players with first class training and development in conjunction with full-time academic study.
- You will receive up to 10 hours of coaching from professional coaches from the Chelsea FC Foundation
- You will compete in the BCS Elite Women's Under 19s Academy League and the British Colleges National Cup - both competitions offer a competition level for all players
- Training and fixtures often take place at the Chelsea FC Training Facility situated in Cobham, Surrey
- Previous students have progressed onto the Chelsea Ladies First and Reserves Teams, alternatively players have gone on to gain scholarships at US Universities
- You will have access to performance strength and conditioning coaching
- You will be encouraged to gain your FA Level 1 and 2 Certificate in Coaching Football and progress on to coaching players in the local community
- The qualification you will achieve is the equivalent to 3 A levels which will provide you with the option of moving on to University or to employment within the sports industry
- Facilities include a sports hall and weights room
- You will have access to a variety of 'bolt on' qualifications including first aid and Level 2 CSLA.
- Assessing Risk
- Practical Sport
- Fitness Testing
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Psychology
- Technical and Tactical
- Fitness Training
The Chelsea FC Foundation guides players through the transition of Youth Football onto Women’s Football; the structured training programme provides a platform for players to further develop their performance through work in technical, tactical, physiological and psychology skill development.
4 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including Maths and English, or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit or above, or equivalent. Players will be required to successfully complete a trial with Chelsea FC Foundation staff.
Written presentations, portfolios, verbal presentations, demonstrations and practicals. There will be clear college submission deadlines which will need to be met. Failure to meet these may result in failure to complete the course.
Due to the specific nature of the programme there are additional costs for Chelsea clothing, visits, travel, outdoor activities etc. Fees are payable at enrolment
You could study the Level 3 Extended Diploma
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.