Hair, beauty and holistics - VTCT NVQ in Hairdressing level 2 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
You will be trained to be a professional and employable stylist.
- health and safety,
- giving clients a positive impression,
- advising and consulting with clients,
- shampooing, conditioning and treating the hair and scalp,
- changing hair colour, style and finish,
- setting and dressing hair,
- cutting hair using basic techniques, and
- salon reception duties.
You will work in the college's hair salon, a realistic working environment.
• A level 1 hairdressing qualification, English
at level 1 and maths at entry level 3, or
• an initial assessment indicating that you are
working at level 1 and you are able to
achieve level 2 English and level 1 maths
within one year.
• You should demonstrate knowledge of the
hairdressing industry and wish to take up a
career as a hairdresser.
Your practical skills in providing hairdressing services will be assessed in a commercial hair salon.
You will also need to submit a portfolio of the work you complete during the course as evidence.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
A level 3 hairdressing industry qualification.
Employment, including salon work, self-employment, and cruise ships
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.