IT Hardware Technologies Advanced/Intermediate/Foundation at FutureSkills @ MediaCity UK - Salford City College
This course has proven to be an interesting and effective route into the world of IT and computing technology, providing you with knowledge, skills and experience in cutting-edge technologies. Emphasis is placed on the development and assessment of practical skills leading to a technology-related career
You will learn about how ICT and computing technologies are used in the real world and improve your practical skills. To achieve this qualification, you will study a range of units including:
- Computer networks and network management
- Communication technologies
- Network systems security and organisational security systems
- Communication and employability skills for ICT
- Computer systems, installing and upgrading software and maintaining computer systems
- ICT technical support and IT troubleshooting
- Information systems and IT project planning
- Computer game platforms and technologies, and more
You will also learn employability skills
Advanced Level 5Cs/4s at GCSE
Intermediate Level 4 Ds/3s at GCSE
Foundation Level E/Fs or 1/2s at GCSE
To develop subject and personal skills, assessment will be through a combination of assignments, group and individual practical activities t develop a deep skills set.
All full time courses are free to 16-18 year olds who are EU Citizens.
You can progress on to a university degree in a related subject, an advanced apprenticeship in technology solutions, or go directly into employment as an ICT technician
You will have a mentor who ensures that your training fits your requirements and offers the skills needed for the job.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.