Further Mathematics A Level at Burlington Danes Academy
· The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Further Mathematics consists of four externally examined papers.
· Students must complete all assessment in May/June after two years of study and whilst completing A-Level Mathematics alongside.
·At least 6 A*-B grades at GCSE including English and Maths (grades 5 and above).
· Students on this pathway will take 3 A' levels, studying linear courses for 2 years.
· Students need to achieve at least a B at GCSE in their chosen A' Level subjects, or closely related subjects (e.g. English and Science grades are used for Psychology entry. See subject-specific entry requirements)
· Minimum of 4 B grades required not including BTEC or vocational equivalents
Key skills required to complete this course
The Advanced GCE in Further Mathematics offers a range of opportunities for candidates to both: develop their Key Skills, in Application of Number, communication, Information Technology, Improving own Learning and Performance, Working with Others and Problem Solving techniques.
First assessments: May/June 2019.
· The assessments are 1 hour 30 minutes.
· The assessments are out of 75 marks.
· Students must answer all questions.
· Calculators can be used in the assessment.
· The booklet ‘Mathematical Formulae and Statistical Tables’ will be provided for use in the assessment.
· The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Further Mathematics consists of four externally examined papers. Students must complete all assessment in May/June in any single year.
There are ten different routes through the Advanced GCE in Further Mathematics qualification – The Mathematics Department will decide later in the year which route the students will be taking.
· Mathematical and Science based degree
· Finance and business careers
· Engineering and computing
Key tips for success
· Constant, rigorous and surgical use of past GCE exam papers.
· Attending our examination revision sessions lessons if requested
· Constantly revising and practicing topics throughout the two years
We have a team of committed and inspirational teachers with a proven track record for results.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Burlington Danes Academy directly.