Manufacturing Support Advanced Apprenticeship at Jaguar Land Rover
In this area, you’ll work to improve our manufacturing techniques and processes, helping us to deliver the highest quality end products to our customers. You’ll gain knowledge of all our vehicle and production techniques, reporting on assembly solutions, standardisation, quality and economic best practice.
- Join us as an Advanced Apprentice and you’ll combine college-based learning with hands-on training gained at one of our manufacturing plants or vehicle workshops. Your first year will be spent at college, learning the engineering basics you’ll need in your role with us. Outside of college term times, you’ll enrich your studies working alongside members of our skilled workforce. During your second year, you’ll continue to gain practical experience at our facilities, attending college two days per week whilst you study for further qualifications. This will reduce to one day per week in your final years.
- To apply for the Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme, you’ll need five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths, English and a Science / Technology / Engineering related subject.
- As an Advanced Apprentice, your starting wage will be over £217 a week, increasing every six months provided you continue to perform well. Upon completion of the scheme, you can expect to be earning over £550 per week.
- We’ll also pay your tuition and course fees, and offer you all the support and mentoring you need. A generous holiday allowance will be part of your package, and as many of our facilities have their own gyms and sports halls, you’ll have plenty of opportunities for play at the end of the working day.
- Together with invaluable commercial and professional experience, you’ll also gain a number of academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time us, which are fully paid for by us. These include:
- NVQ2 in Performing Engineering Operations
- NVQ3 in the appropriate trade pathway for your role
- A technical certificate; BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Jaguar Land Rover directly.