Fabrication and Welding Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at City College Plymouth
This Apprenticeship will train you in the practical skills needed to produce components from sheet metal, fabricating and welding. As an Apprentice, you'll be earning while you learn. We'll teach you the skills you need to make a career in a variety of industries as a welder or fabricator, and you'll be drawing a wage and learning on the job whilst employed with a local company. You'll need to be able to follow complex blueprints, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to follow instructions to work safely in a potentially hazardous workplace. Be warned, it's not an easy option. You'll need to be focused and work to a high standard, but if you are determined, the rewards are there in this thriving industry.
The Advanced Apprenticeship Framework will include:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma - completed at work with the help of a College assessor
- Level 2 Technical Diploma - completed at College with various tutors
- Functional Skills for maths, English and ICT level 1 - completed at College
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) - completed at work alongside the NVQ
- Employement Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) - completed at work and at College.
Entry is by an initial assessment at the College's Work-based Learning Department.
Assessment is continuous, both on and off the job.
Successful completion will greatly enhanced job prospects. If you wish to continue your studies you may progress onto the Fabrication and Welding Advanced Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.