Motor Vehicle Engineering IMI Diploma Level 1 at Hugh Baird College
This course will help you develop the basic technical skills that meet employment needs in the Motor Vehicle Industry. It will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills which are required by service technicians working on vehicles of all types in garages, dealerships and maintenance depots.
The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
The skills and knowledge gained here are also attractive to other areas of industry and business.
- Working safely and effectively during light vehicle maintenance and repair
- Foundation skills for light vehicle maintenance and repair
- Light vehicle construction and routine maintenance
- Operating principles of light vehicle tyres, brakes, steering and suspension systems
- Operating principles of light vehicle engines and associated systems
- Operating principles and maintenance of light vehicle transmission systems
- Operating principles and maintenance of light vehicle electrical and electronic systems
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- GCSEs in Maths and English are desirable but not essential.
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
16 - 18 Years: Free
You are expected to supply your own pen, pencil, steel toe capped boots and overalls.
- Motor Vehicle Technician
- Motorsport Mechanic
- Design Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Marine Engineer
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.