Beauty Therapy - Massage Apprenticeship Level 3 (HAB1) at Barnsley College
This apprenticeship will provide you with the training and qualification you need to work in the beauty industry.
• Provide body massage and facial electrical treatments
• Provide Indian Head massage and stone therapy treatments
• Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
• Stone Theropy
- Two GCSEs grade A – C or grade 9 – 3 including English and maths
- NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- You need to be employed within the Hair and Beauty industry or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice. Applicants to this apprenticeship will be from different age groups, with differing backgrounds and experience. As a guide,
applicants may enter via a range of routes including from:
• Work experience
• Training and/or experience which may include a portfolio showing what has been completedApplicants may have already achieved a range of qualifications, for example:
• Key Skills or Functional Skills
• Intermediate Apprenticeship
• 14-19 Diploma
• Welsh Baccalaureate (at this time there is no credit transfer)
• Welsh Baccalaureate with Principal Learning (at this time there is no credit transfer)
• Other Level 2 qualifications
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in College and in your place of work.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
Upon completion you could progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Nail Services or apply for job roles including Beauty Massage Therapist.
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.