BTEC Subsidary Diploma in Performing Arts at Regent High School
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you enjoy performing
- you are good at working in and leading teams
- you want to follow a career in performing arts or arts management
Throughout the course you will develop performance skills by performing characters from scripts or devising performances. You will also have the opportunity to explore production skills including lighting, sound, costumes and props. The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to one A Level qualification and can provide up to 140 UCAS points. The Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to two A Level qualifications and can provide up to 280 UCAS points.
- 5 A*-C grades at GCSE or equivalent including at least a grade D in English Language and Maths. Students will also be accepted with a Merit at BTEC Level 2 in a relevant subject (e.g. Performing Arts), combined with a pass at Functional Skills Communication Level 1 or equivalent. In some cases an audition may be necessary.
- Sixth Form students are strongly encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities, as well as taking part in projects during curriculum time.
- 100% coursework portfolio, including assessed performance and internally assessed written coursework.
- university degrees in Drama, Theatre Studies, English Literature and many more
- internships and apprenticeships in arts organisations throughout London and the UK
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.