Light/Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Automotive, Motor Vehicle) Advanced Apprenticeship at Darlington College
If you are interested in working with cars and vehicles, then this Apprenticeship course could be ideal for you. This is usually referred to as technician training these days, because of the importance of technology and technical work (rather than simply mechanical) in maintaining and repairing vehicles. There are many areas you could work in within the sector. This is a fast moving, dynamic and exciting, often challenging sector to work in. It can be very rewarding. The motor trade employs more than half a million people in the UK alone. More than 40 companies manufacture vehicles in the UK, and motor sport is a huge area. Eight Formula one teams are UK based.
- Skills in health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Skills in supporting job roles in the automotive work environment
- Skills in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Knowledge of health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Knowledge of support for job roles in the automotive work environment
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
- Used in the automotive environment
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying engine faults
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying chassis faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of engine faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of chassis faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of transmission and driveline faults
- Competency of diagnosing and rectifying auxiliary electrical faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of auxiliary electrical faults
- Competency/knowledge in how to identify and agree customer service needs
5 GCSEs grades A*-C including GCSE maths and English or an appropriate level 2 qualification (at a merit if graded) and a satisfactory school report.
We will request a school or college report and you will attend an interview at the college.
Various roles including Automotive Technician or Diagnostic Technician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Darlington College directly.