Engineering Apprenticeship Intermediate Level 2 at Derwentside College
This course will provide learners with the practical skills and related knowledge to enable them to progress into an Engineering Intermediate Apprenticeship in either:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Maintenance and Installation)
- Fabrication & Welding Engineering
Learners will need to complete a framework of qualifications which include:
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
- Technical Certificate (Level 2 Award in Engineering Environmental Awareness)
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities)
- All learners starting on an Intermediate Apprenticeship programme must be employed in the relevant area at the start of their programme.
- An offer may be made subject to successful Initial Basic Skills Assessment which demonstrates at least working towards Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy.
- If the learner is assessed at below this level, an offer may be made on condition that the learner attends support workshops to achieve the required skills level.
The Performing Engineering Operations course will be assessed by practical work and underpinning knowledge questions.
The learner must complete a portfolio of evidence.
The Technical Certificate will be assessed by course assignments and projects, and the key skills / functional skills via tests and/or portfolio of evidence.
The ERR is completed during the course induction period.
- On successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship programme, learners may be recommended to move onto the Advanced Apprenticeship within their chosen skill area.
- Semi-Skilled opportunities in Fabrication/Welding/Mechanical Production/Mechanical and Electrical Fitting
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.