Aviation Environment BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 at Doncaster College
This Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma is suitable for students wanting to progress their studies after completing an appropriate level 2 qualification (the C&G level 2 Diploma in Aviation for example) or with the appropriate qualifications as a direct entry course for students wanting a recognised qualification before seeking employment or training with an employer..
A range of topics will be investigated, including:
- The UK Aviation Industry
- Health and Safety in the Aviation Industry
- Security in the Aviation Industry
- Inter-relationships Within the UK Aviation Industry
- Development of the Aviation Industry since 1945
- Aircraft take-off and landing performance
- Aviation Geography and Terminology
- Airport and Airline Commercial Operations
- Airfield Ops
- Aviation Communications
The course will include visits to major and regional airports. Industry guest speakers and the possibility of work placements for appropriate candidates.
Learners may also be required to complete Functional skill subjects at an appropriate level. This will increase your employment prospects too.
- Progressing students must have succesfully completed a relevant Level 2 Aviation or Travel related qualification at merit or above, must hold English & Maths at GCSE A to – D or Functional skills level 2.
- Previous attendance and performance will be reviewed.
- Direct entry candidates must have 4 GCSE A to C and complete a diagnostic assessment at Level 2.
- Candidates must successfully complete an interview and selection process.
You will build a portfolio of work including: Assessed practical tasks and role plays, written assignments and presentations.
These will require independent study and course work out of college hours in order to complete within set deadlines.
A contribution of £30 towards uniform, visits and related costs will be required on enrolment
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Aviation Operations was designed in close collaboration with industry and can provide a gateway to further studies in Aviation; As it is roughly equivalent to a single A-level, these can be at Level 3 or, because it provides UCAS points, into Higher Education at Degree level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.