Introduction to Leisure and Business - Travel and Tourism option Level One Diploma at East Riding College
The diploma is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. While on the course you will gain work experience in New Horizons, the College's fully functioning travel agency, which will support your assessments
What will I study?
- The UK travel industry
- The UK tourism industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Locational geography.
Optional units cover a range of specialisms including:
- Accessible travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism itineraries
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- The role of overseas resort representatives
- Providing information on a tourism destination.
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- A satisfactory interview and initial assessment
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work (practicals and theory) and observation of tasks and activities.
This course prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go onto a more advanced course such as the Level Two Diploma in Travel and Tourism
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.