Plastering Level 1 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our construction courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Willmott Dixon, CEC Electrical and Heat Safe Ltd
- Opportunities to enter WorldSkills competitions to showcase your skills against the best students from around the world
- Engagement with guest speakers from businesses like Willmott Dixon
- Access to free training, tools and an opportunity to work in construction through dry lining specialist, Grays, thanks to NHC’s partnership with the Construction Skills Academy.
Plastering: you’ll add plaster to walls and ceilings to give them a smooth, finished look that can later be decorated. You’ll also learn how to design and apply mouldings, cornicing and coving to enhance the look of interior spaces. You may work on new construction projects or repair work on existing buildings.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Preparing background surfaces and mix plastering materials
- Applying scratch coats to internal backgrounds
- Fixing sheet materials
- Applying setting coats to walls
- Health, safety and welfare in construction.
To join this course, you’ll need three GCSEs at grade E or above – including maths and English grade E or entry level functional skills.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Level 2 courses including level 2 diploma in plastering
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.