Domestic Heating Apprenticeship Advanced at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentice's competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
The course consists of mandatory units and optional units which include:
- Install and Test the Components of a system
- Commission and De-commission Systems
- Maintain the Effective Operation of Systems
- Maintain the Safe Working Environment
- Maintain Effective Working Relationships
- Contribute to Quality Development and Improvement of Product and Services
- Students will be required to be employed in the industry and have a good standard of education.
- Alternatively hold a NVCQ Foundation certificate in plumbing at Level 1.
- School levers will expected to obtain 3 GCSE at C or above.
- Alternatively applicants may be asked to undertake the British Plumbing Educational Council (BPEC) test.
Assessed through out the course via on site assessment and in the work shop along with on line exams.
NVQ Diploma Level 3
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.