Product Design - Resistant Materials A Level at The Piggott School
Evolved through consultation with practitioners, this specification offers a fresh approach to dynamic environment of Design and Technology. It is intended to reflect the wide ranging activities of professional designers and covers a wide range of materials.
The course involves :
- A range of practical work designed to explore various materials, the processes involved in manufacture, modelling and methods of presentation
- Learning about various design movements, important designers and their influence upon the design of products
- Finding out about modern methods of manufacturing technology
- The requirements for quality assurance and control in production
- Development of skills in ICT to research, an alyse a nd use for presentation for communication of coursework
Minimum GCSE entry requirements: 43 points
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Piggott School directly.