Sport – Activity Leadership (Football Orientated) NVQ Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Preparing for activity sessions
- Leading activity sessions
- Concluding and reviewing activity sessions
- The work of the team and organisation
- Health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
- Joint working with other organisations
- The development of the sport or activity
The sport and active leisure is more than an industry – it’s a way of life. This course will give you the skills to encourage more people to get involved in sport and improve their sports abilities.
The qualification will help you lead activity sessions, predominantly focused in football. You will be working in and around the excellent facilities at City of Wolverhampton College, and will also have the opportunity to work with local primary schools and football clubs to develop your coaching skills, giving you valuable work experience to help kick start your career.
We have outstanding success rates on this course and excellent feedback from our past students. In fact, some of our past students have gone on to become sports coaches, personal trainers, sports development officers, teachers, physiotherapists and other skilled jobs in sport. You will be working within our excellent facilities in order to develop your skills and knowledge in sport.
While you are on this course you will get to visit St Georges Park, leading fitness centres, fitness events across the West Midlands, the Employer Roadshow and Active College events.
We also have guest speakers who we invite in to college to enhance your learning. These have included Darren Garwood, Matt Murray and Dave Heeley.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above, or successful completion of a BTEC First Diploma
- Police declarations, CRB and suitable references
- Acceptance on course subject to a curriculum interview
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer sessions, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress directly onto the 90 credit Diploma, year 2, or A-levels. From here you will have the option to gain a place of study on our HNC Sport programme at the college as a direct progression route onto Level 4 when you have completed the BTEC Diploma in Sport
- Pursue a career as a physiotherapist, sports coach, sports development officer, sports psychologist, PE teacher or in leisure management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.