Carpentry and Joinery Construction Diploma - Level 2 at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course provides a route towards gaining a full Level 2 qualification, but without the required work experience. During the course you will gain practical skills in circular rip saw maintenance and repair, and strong materials and equipment.
The course consists of two pathways: site carpentry or bench joinery. The units of the course will differ depending on the pathway you choose, examples include:
- Building methods and construction technology
- Circular rip saw maintenance and repairs
- Storing materials and equipment.
- Either trade experience OR
- A relevant foundation construction award OR
- A Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
- Practical assessment
- Theory tests
- Online test
- Health and safety test.
- Level 3 Construction Diploma (normally after gaining relevant employment)
- Upgrade to the NVQ Level 2 with work-based evidence
- Carpenters and joiners
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.