Nail Technology Level 2 at Isle of Wight College
As a society we are becoming more aware of the need to take better care of ourselves. As a result there is an increasing demand for professional nail technicians. Nail technicians are concerned with improving people’s nail appearance. All students will attend 3 days a week. A high level of attendance is essential to achieve this course.
Skills and knowledge that are needed to start a career in nail technology. Subjects include Cosmetic Make-up, Manicure and Pedicure, Artificial Nail Structures, Nail art and Photographic Make up with eye treatments: Health and safety, Functional skills in Maths, English, Client care and promotions will also be studied
All these subjects are supported with relevant Anatomy, Physiology and assignment work. The emphasis during the course is on developing the theory and practical skills, which students will gain working with external clientele. Reception duties will also be an essential part of this.
Related courses for future study:
- VRQ diploma in beauty therapy level two
- GCSE Business
- GCSE English
- Complementary Therapies
- Nail technology level three
- Gel polish
Students should have at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSE’s at grade D or above including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Beauty qualification. In addition you would require at least GCSE English at D or Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Above 88% attendance and good report from school or previous course
- Current college students should have completed their main qualification including English and Maths with an attendance above 88%
The course has been designed so that students control their pace of Assessment. Students have assignments, oral questions and independent assessment written papers to support each relevant area of learning. This will be proof that students have mastered a particular aspect of the trade. The course involves group work, research and role plays.
Typical employment prospects in the beauty industry will include: Airlines, Beauty Therapist at a salon, Cruise ships, Health farms, Television and Theatre, Make-up Artistry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.