IT BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma & Extended Diploma at NewVIc
The Extended Diploma in IT has been designed to provide a broad education as a foundation both for training leading to employment, and for higher education. Students study a wide range of subjects from the technical network and system security units, to how Information Technology is used in a business environment.
The course will focus on:
- the potential of technology
- multimedia and digital projects
- creating technology solutions
- managing technology systems
- professional development
On the course you will:
- learn how to use a number of advanced software packages
- develop and manage websites
- install computer hardware and software
- establish and manage local area networks
- understand that technology is a required tool for everyone’s lives
Four or more GCSEs at grades A*-C, including a grade 5 in Mathematics or English Language. Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject and a grade 5 in either English Language or Mathematics. In some circumstances, improved performance in Functional Skills may be accepted where a GCSE has not yet been achieved.
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
On completion, you will have a wide choice of progression options into further study, training or relevant employment. You will be well equipped to progress to degrees in related subjects such as ICT, Business Information Systems, Information Systems, Multimedia, Software Engineering, Computer Networking, Business Information Technology, e-Business and Information Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.