Business (Applied) AQA Level 3 Extended Certificate at Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School
The study of Applied Business allows students not only to learn the basic concepts and principles of Business success, but also to experience what it would be like to plan and run your own business with friends. You will also learn how to set up an E-Commerce enterprise and to run an event for charity. As such it provides students with a wide range of practical skills and experience essential to running a wide range of businesses and to manage projects within them. These extra experiences will help you to stand out from the crowd when writing Personal Statements for University or writing your C.V. for jobs and apprenticeships in Business.
You will be involved in setting up and running a business, planning and running an event and learn how to set up and run a business online. You will also cover theoretical topics cover topics such as:
- Finance: The role of finance in planning an enterprise, analysing and making financial decisions
- Resource Management: How business organisations use the human, physical and financial resources at their disposal to achieve their dynamic goals
- Enterprise (Setting up and running a business): The nature of enterprising behaviour and how this can be personally utilised to best exploit entrepreneurial opportunities within specific market conditions.
- Human Resources: How managers organise, motivate and lead employees through change to achieve business objectives
- Business Planning: The skills and processes required to develop, present and evaluate a business proposal
- E-commerce:The skills and processes required to develop an e-business proposal for a new business
- Event Management: The planning, coordination and management of a one-off event to support a business proposal
- Marketing: The development of a marketing communications mix for a business proposal and a schedule of marketing communications
Each unit is based on four key business themes: people, markets, finance and operational delivery, which ensure that the qualification has a synoptic approach to learning.
GCSE grades A*-C in 5 subjects (to include English and Maths)
The course is 1/3 exam and 2/3 coursework. Grades are awarded in a Distinction, Merit, Pass and Fail format.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School directly.