Exercise Science BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Reading College
The Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science is a two year programme that is equivalent to three A Levels for people who wish to work in the rapidly growing sports and leisure industry. The course is made up of 18 units and looks at a variety of different areas of sport.
You will gain a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science.
The course is made up of 18 units and looks at a variety of different areas of sport including:
- anatomy for sport and exercise
- sport and exercise physiology
- sport and exercise psychology
- research methods for sport and exercise sciences
- research project in sport and exercise sciences
- sports biomechanics in action
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including Science, Maths and English
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sports or Science with merit or higher and functional skills at Level 2 in Maths and English.
On completion you can progress on to Sport and Exercise related degree or higher education courses, such as: Sports Science, Coaching, Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, Clinical Physiology, Occupational Therapy, Strength and Conditioning.
You will have access to the College Gym, a science lab and access to an indoor sport hall at Reading University.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reading College directly.