Theatre Studies at Bridlington School Sports College
You will explore a range of play texts through characterisation, staging, interpretation for an audience and social, historical and political context with reference to the work of theatre practitioners. You will also take on the role of either actor or designer to deliver a performance to an audience, working under a director and responding with understanding to the interpretation of the production.
* Exploration of Drama and Theatre
* Exploration notes, practical workshops and a written evaluation of a live theatre piece
* Theatre Text in Performance
* Act or design for a group performance piece, teacher directed. Perform either a monologue or duologue (scripted)
* Exploration of dramatic performance
* Create and perform an original piece of theatre
* Theatre Text in Context
* Study of a set text as a potential director and study of a period of theatre history with a chosen play from the period
5 A* - C grades (including English and Maths)
The course requires a motivated, committed candidate who is prepared to work cooperatively and independently, exploring all aspects of theatre and learning about the context of plays in order to inform their own practice.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridlington School Sports College directly.