Beauty Therapy Level One Diploma at East Riding College
This course offers training in skills as an introduction to the beauty therapy industry and provides a nationally recognised qualification from the City and Guilds awarding body. This course is ideal for those who perform the duties of a junior or assistant in a salon.
- Skin care
- Applying basic make-up
- Themed face painting
- Nail art
- Providing basic manicure treatment
- Providing basic pedicure treatment
- Creating a hair and beauty image
- Salon reception duties
- Art of photographic make-up
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Genuine interest in beauty therapy as a career
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and an initial assessment
- An enthusiastic approach, pleasant personality and good communication skills
- Satisfactory College interview and school recommendations/references
- A high standard of personal presentation and hygiene You may apply for any related previous learning and experience to be accredited to your studies
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
A more advanced course, such as the:-
Level Two Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Level Two VRQ Diploma in Hair
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.