Health and Social Care Level 2 Apprenticeship at Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited
The Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Diploma at level 2 is for those working in a Health or Social Care setting. It is designed for all workers who support adults of any age, in any setting. No formal entry requirements are required, but you must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the qualification in the workplace. You will need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
There are 9 core units:
· Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
· Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
· The role of the health and social care worker
· Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
· Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
· Handle information in health and social care settings
· Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
Optional Units you might choose include:
· Causes and spread of infection
· Introductory awareness of models of disability
· Approaches to enable rights and choices for individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace. Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies, observation and work based activities.
For people aged 16-18 there is no cost as the programme is fully funded by the government under the Apprenticeship programme. For eligible people over this age, the government expects employers or employees to contribute 50% of the cost of training, and VTS has reduced this to £500.00 However, VTS will waive this fee on the understanding that the learner agrees to attend one training day at our nearest centre, on a date to be agreed in advance.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited directly.