Painting & Decorating Level 1 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
Throughout the course you will work on practical and written assignments based on the following areas of the industry:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
GCSE maths and English at grade D or E
You will be assessed via practical/written assignments and an online multiple choice examination.
You could progress onto our Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating to further develop your skills.
Employment opportunities could include a junior role working for building and painting contractors.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.