IT BTEC Extended Certificate at Forest Hill School - Sydenham and Forest Hill Sixth Form
This qualification is a specialist, vocationally-related qualification for students who have a clear ambition to work in the IT sector or who want to progress to higher education. It offers a combination of technical IT skills and practical experience in developing and applying the personal skills necessary to be successful in industry.
- Unit 1 – Information Technology Systems Learn about hardware and software interactions, relationships between users and IT systems, decisions that businesses and individuals need to make about IT systems and issues related to using IT systems and their impact on individuals and business practice.
- Unit 2 – Creating Systems to Manage Information Explore the purpose and structure of relational databases. Look at the structure of data and how to design and implement an effective database system.
- Unit 3 – Using Social Media in Business Explore different social media websites, their business purposes and pitfalls. Learn to develop a social media plan for a business and collect data on business’s use of social media.
Year 13 Four units:
- Unit 1 – Information Technology Systems
- Unit 2 – Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Unit 3 – Using Social Media in Business
- Unit 6 – Website Development. Learn the fundamental principles and key concepts of website design and development.
Grade C or above in a GCSE or Level 2 ICT qualification. Students will preferably have at least a grade 4 in English
- Unit 1—Written exam, two hours
- Unit 2—Controlled Assessment, 10 hours
- Unit 3—100% coursework
- Unit 6—100% coursework
Grade range: Pass to Distinction*
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Forest Hill School - Sydenham and Forest Hill Sixth Form directly.