OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in Sport at Bedlingtonshire Community High School
This qualification is equal to one A level. The course is made up of seven units, four mandatory and three optional. The units you will study are:
- Principles of Anatomy and physiology in Sport
- Sports Coaching
- Current Issues in sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Practical Team Sports
- Sports Injuries
During the course you will develop your knowledge of sport and the different aspects within it. You will develop an understanding of anatomy and physiology during sport performance and the role sport plays in society. You will develop the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate a sports coaching session as well as the assessment and treatment of sports injuries.
- You must have an interest in sport, be very motivated and keen to develop your leadership and practical skills
- Communication skills are important as assessment will involve presentations
- Organisation skills; the ability to work conduct research and work independently
- Time management to ensure you meet deadlines
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedlingtonshire Community High School directly.