What will I study?
The Professional Chef Diploma has been the starting point for many of the world’s leading Chefs and is the UK’s first professional cookery qualification. Within the Professional Chef Diploma there are three possible pathways when you reach the third year:
• Patisserie & Confectionery
• Restaurant Management
All three pathways include externships (experiential learning opportunities) in some of London’s top culinary restaurants and hotels, which include work placements tailored to your studies. This is one of the only full-time Culinary Arts courses to deliver culinary science at all levels of the curriculum alongside invaluable entrepreneurship studies.
The Professional Chef Diploma is supported and endorsed by the Craft Guild of Chefs, the British Culinary Federation, Master Chefs of Great Britain and the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts and is expertly taught by our
award-winning Culinary Arts Team. Our graduates have an excellent record of being offered top employment opportunities at the successful conclusion of their studies, which is one of the reasons why this is the premier full- time chef course in the UK.
Topics for study will include:
• Garde Manger studies, both classical and modern
• Butchery and fishmongery
• Practical Cuisine
• Pâtisserie and bakery
• Restaurant service in our public restaurant, The Vincent Rooms
• Gastronomy and product development
• Culinary science and food innovation
• Health, safety and food hygiene
• Kitchen management and food cost control
• Resource sustainability; from ‘farm to fork’
• Kitchen management
• Menu engineering and pricing
• Fundamentals of beverage service and oenology
• Sales and marketing
• Food and beverage operations theory
• Principles of supervision
• Culinary and hospitality externships
All students for the Professional Chef Diploma will undertake enterprise and business commerce training as part of the induction programme. Students who have successfully completed all elements of the first year of this programme may be eligible to apply to the elite Royal Academy of Culinary Arts Chef Apprenticeship programme at the College.