Business BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Portsmouth College
This course will give you an introduction to enterprise, business management and decision making.
There are two core units for both the Award and the Certificate:
- Enterprise in the Business World (Coursework assessed)
- Finance for Business (Assessed via exam)
The larger Certificate course includes an additional compulsory unit:
- Principles of Marketing (Assessed via exam)
You will also need to study a number of specialist units, chosen from the following:
- Promoting a Brand
- Principles of Customer Service
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Introducing Retail Business
- Providing Business Support
- Recruitment, Selection and Employment
Five GCSEs at an average of grade E, to include English Language.
There is a mixture of assessment methods on this course. Most of you work will be internally assessed but there is one external exam for the Award and two for the Certificate.
You will be able to visit various local organisations to increase your experience of real business situations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Portsmouth College directly.