Forest School Programme Leadership apt awards Certificate Level 3 at Duchy College
This course is designed to meet the needs of Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Early Years Educators, Youth Workers, Play Workers and other professionals in training as a Forest School Leader.
This course enables learners to gain the skills and knowledge required to plan and lead groups in Forest School Programmes and activities. The course consists of taught theory and practical elements as well as coursework to be completed during and after initial training. You will complete 5 units linked to learning outcomes:
- Delivery of Forest School - this includes planning, leading and evaluating a pilot programme of a minimum of 6 sessions with your client group.
- Forest School Practical Skills
- Forest School and the Woodland Environment
- Learning and Development at Forest School
- Planning Forest School
In addition you will complete a 2 day certificated course in Outdoor First Aid for the Forest School practitioner.
Duration: one day per week for 8 weeks (no session during school half term) plus around 110 hours of self-study supported by extensive resources in our virtual learning environment. In person, email and telephone tutorial support is available by arrangement with the course tutor. All enrolled students have access to the learning resource centres on all Cornwall College campuses for one year. Learners are expected to submit completed portfolios of work 10 months from the date of enrolment.
- Age 21 years or over
- Have a level 3 or above qualification ( NNEB, Teacher, Play worker or Youth worker (tolevel 3 or equivalent) OR level 2 with a portfolio of at least 2 years experience of working with children/young people in a leadership capacity
- Have considerable experience of working with young people
- Before leading sessions, learners must ensure that they have a valid DBS check, first aid provision and appropriate insurance and site permissions.
Successful candidates can seek employment within the children's workforce as a Forest School Leader or become a self-employed provider of Forest School.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Duchy College directly.