Engineering (Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma) at Central College Nottingham
This course is for you if you would like to obtain theoretical and practical skills in a range of engineering disciplines. This course can be taken with a view to obtaining employment in the Electrical or Mechanical or Maintenance industry.
Year One units:
- Health and Safety
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering
- Engineering Primary Forming Processes
- Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
- Setting and Proving Secondary Processing Machines
- Electrical Installation
Year Two units:
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Business Operations in Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Selection and Using Programmable Controllers
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects help develop confidence and the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-C, we may accept one of them at Grade D in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-C. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
You will complete a programme of assignments and project work to satisfy a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The course is designed to prepare you for degree at University or an HND.
As part of your programme you will have to complete 2 days work experience each academic year in your subject area. You will have to find the placement and keep a log book for reference. You will also complete a PD Central programme / book of employability skills.
The course runs for 32 weeks each academic year and forms part of an Advanced Level Engineering Framework.
Achievement at the highest grade is equivalent to 420 UCAS points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.