Bricklaying Level One Diploma at City College Plymouth
Want to work in the construction sector but not yet employed? Then this is the study programme for you! It is hands-on learning in a realistic environment that covers the theory and practice of bricklaying in our fully equipped workshops. You’ll learn how to build structures, handle and store resources, work as part of a team, prepare bricklaying materials and learn about on-site health and safety.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- contributing to work relationships
- contributing to providing work platforms
- preparing materials for use (bricklaying)
- preparing components for use
- using components and materials.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements, however you must show a willingness to engage and a genuine interest in the course that will enable you to progress into employment or further education.
You will be assessed under stimulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 2 bricklaying course at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- entry level employment as a trainee bricklayer or site labourer.
- See more at: http://www.cityplym.ac.uk/courses/bricklaying-1#sthash.2a87cB9l.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.