Heating and Ventilation City & Guilds level 2 Certificate at Millennium Academy Ltd
This course aims to equip candidates with the practical skills and knowledge for Heating & Ventilation (Plumbing). It is made up of 5 units containing skills and knowledge which reflects the scope of the National Occupational Standards.
Mechanical engineering services core studies
· Health & Safety at work
· Impact of forces on the MES sector
· Interpreting drawings, specifications, data and use if IT in the sector
· Tools and work processes
· Calculating and quantifying from drawings, mark and set out
· Understanding building construction methods and materials used in the MES sector
· Identify, plan and prepare the installations
· Installation of system component and pipe work
· Test, pre-commission and de-commission systems
Maintenance of system components
· Identify and establish customer requirements and prepare the work location for routine maintenance
· Correctly de-activate and re-activate and test systems and test outcomes
· Diagnose fault and routinely maintain system components
No formal qualifications are required; however it is recommended that candidates have Basic Skills at level 2.
3 multiple choice exams (1 online and 2 paper based), and also practical assignments internally assessed and verified.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Millennium Academy Ltd directly.