Introduction to Music, Media & Digital at Dv8 Sussex
This course is designed to give students a hands-on feel for a variety of creative techniques to help find the path that is right for them. Aspiring musicians will get the chance to record their tracks and learn how to promote themselves online; photographers will get the chance to learn how to arrange their first shoot; filmmakers will have the chance to bring their ideas to life on professional software.
In a small and inclusive classroom environment, students work on projects independently and in teams, exploring a variety of roles and ideas, whilst building confidence and experience. The course is led by tutors who have experience of working in the creative industries who can offer you invaluable advice on how to get started.
WHAT WILL I DO?
• Record music using a music studio and Logic Pro software
• Film and edit video footage using iMovie and Adobe Premiere
• Explore photography using professional DSLR cameras and Photoshop
• Build digital skills in areas such as digital marketing and blogging
• Develop employment skills and CV writing
• Gain confidence and work skills
• Create a varied portfolio of your work
• Explore a variety of roles to find your preferred creative path
• Collaborate with other students to create events and performances showcasing your workAT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
• Achieve BTEC Award/Certificate in Creative Media Production, BTEC Award/Certificate in Music Production
• Learn the basics of software such as Logic Pro, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Explore a variety of jobs within the creative industries
• Begin to create a professional portfolio of your work
• Progress to Intermediate and Advanced courses in Music Production & Performance, Fashion & Design, Media Production, and Event Management
• Applicants should be able to provide evidence of a positive attitude to learning and a demonstrable ability to complete Numeracy and Literacy work at Entry Level
• An interest in creative media/music is essential
Ages : 16-18
Duration : 1 year, 3 days per week
Location : Brighton & Bexhill
Financial support is available for those eligible, please get in touch for more information.
Internal progression to Intermediate and Advanced courses in Music Production, Media Production, Games Development and Event Management.
Progression to employment and further education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dv8 Sussex directly.