Applied Science BTEC Nationals Diploma Level 3 at Alder Grange Community and Technology School
The BTEC Nationals in Applied Science reflect aspects of employment within science organisations or organisations that use science and enable learners to develop practical scientific skills.
You can achieve a Diploma in Applied Science from this course; Some Universities/ courses will accept this as an equivalent to either one or two A Levels.
BTEC Nationals are designed to provide knowledge and understanding as well as developing practical skills in preparation for work. Applied science will provide a route to employment in the science industry or within organisations that use science.
A new addition to the BTEC Nationals course that we are running at Alder Grange is the inclusion of external exams and externally assessed assignments, alongside the usual internally assessed assignments.
The course includes the following topic areas:
- Principles and Applications in Science
- Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Science Investigation skills
- Laboratory Techniques
- An Investigative project
- Physiology of the Human Body
- Human Regulation and Reproduction
- 720 Guided learning hours.
- Equivalent in size to two A Levels.
- 8 units of which 6 are mandatory, 3 are externally assessed (2 examinations & a pre-release assignment).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alder Grange Community and Technology School directly.