Hairdressing Level 1 - non WBQ at Coleg Sir Gar
- This course is full time consisting of three days and one evening in college.
- The learning sessions consist of practical skills, theory with essential and key skills embedded within the vocational.
- Prevention in Contact Dermatitis qualification is included within the induction programme.
- A hairdressing / beauty kit and uniform are a compulsory requirement for the course and costs approximately £220. This must be paid for prior to course commencement.
- All candidates are screened on entry to assess for any additional learning support needs - support is available to those students who qualify.
- Extra curriculum activities include fashion shows, competitions and industrial events.
- This course also offers progression on to the Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 Welsh Baccalaureate Intermediate route.
- On completion of the course successful candidates will have a follow up interview to establish suitability for the Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 programme.
This full-time NVQ and Diploma level 1 qualification provides an introduction to the world of hairdressing covering the important role of assisting and supporting stylists in the workplace. Alongside this qualification students will also undertake: ESW (Comms, AON, ICT) VTCT Level 1 Award in Retail Knowledge BTEC Level 1 Award in Customer services.
No previous experience is required to undertake this qualification. However, a desire and self-motivation to work within the hairdressing industry is essential. There will be an interview and selection process carried out for acceptance of suitable candidates. A hairdressing kit and uniform must be purchased prior to commencing the course.
Continuous practical assessments are undertaken through observations on paying clients, projects, oral questions and written tests.
This qualification will provide a progressional route to women's hairdressing NVQ Level 2, Barbering NVQ Level 2 and a Foundation Modern Apprenticeship in a salon.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.