Professional Cookery Apprenticeship at CWT Chamber Training
The hospitality and catering industry employs over 2 million people and is constantly changing, providing food services in a whole range of settings from hotels to public houses,restaurants, conference services and other outlets.
Trainees will work in hotels, restaurants, staff canteens, public houses, and fast food outlets serving customers.
You will develop a career as a chef in the catering industry and focuses on a wide range of cooking skills and knowledge
The qualification aims to
- Provide information relating to the latest approach to food safety, health and safety legislation and current industry practices.
- Enable learners to gain the skills and knowledge to be able to prepare and cook a range of essetial dishes.
- Develop understanding of all aspects of essential kitchen operations
- Develop essential practical skills realting to food service
- Develop the personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in catering.
Applicants should have a good general level of education and ideally some work experience in this type of role. This would suit someone with a friendly personality, flexible, can meet deadlines, work under pressure and enjoy working as part of a team.
Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery.
Apprentices will do Functional Skills and several short series of tests.
You may be exempt from either part of the Functional Skills depending upon GCSE results.
Apprenticehips for 16-18 year olds are fully funded. Your employer pays your salary and we cover all agreed training costs. For those aged 19+ there may be partial funding available. Our qualified advisors will answer any queries you may have regarding this.
- Team Leading
- Hospitality Supervision
CWT Chamber Training has specialist staff who will provide you with up to date information, advice and guidance so that you can make an informed choice about yoyr future. Our team work closely with employers to identify exciting job oppotunities suitable for Apprentices and support you in securing a job with great prospects, progression and the chance to gain relevent qualifications that will further your career.
During your Apprenticeship you will :
- Secure a great job with exciting career prospects
- Undertake off the job tarining to develop your skills and knowledge
- Specialist workshops to develop your skills in English and Maths
- A designated Training Advisor to guide and support you throughout A work place mentor for additional support
- Regular progress reviews to track your development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CWT Chamber Training directly.