Horticulture (Amenity) Advanced Apprenticeship at Shipley College
If you love working outdoors, this is the perfect course for you. Learn to plan, create and maintain sports grounds, landscapes, parks and public gardens. You also study plant naming and hard landscaping. A responsible attitude and commitment to this type of work and the course is essential.
- First of all you need to find an apprenticeship vacancy in your chosen area.
- You must pass an initial assessment in English, maths & ICT. or have recently gained GCSE grades A*-C (9-4) in English & maths.
- You will have an interview.
- You will also need a minimum of 1 year’s relevant industry experience.
- Previous Level 2 qualification is preferred, but not essential.
After completing an advanced apprenticeship, you can progress on to further study at college or use the skills you have developed and the experience you have gained at work to progress further in your job role/career.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.