Beauty and Spa Therapies Level 3 Diploma at Exeter College
This Level 3 progression course builds on the basic skills of a Level 2 qualification. The skills included are in line with current industry requirements.
Theoretical background for the practical units plus anatomy and physiology will be taught in specialised classes. You need to develop a portfolio of evidence which should include several case studies and projects for all areas.
Balance of course - 40% theoretical and 60% practical.
- Learn facial electrotherapy treatments, including micro-dermabrasion
- Perform body analysis and body electrotherapy treatments
- Learn a range of body massage therapies
- Provide tanning services
- Perform a variety of spa treatments
- Monitor and maintain essential health and safety practice in the salon
- Develop an in depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Work in our welcoming centre with professional hairdressing salons, beauty clinics and spa
- Have the opportunity to study additional professional qualifications
You must have successfully completed a Level 2 Beauty Therapy course.
You will be assessed practically, theoretically and orally in all areas. Online examinations will contribute to your course work. Testimonials may be required as evidence in some areas. Units will be externally tested and to gain a full certificate at Level 3 these must be passed. Assessment is on paying clients.
You will need a personal kit and uniform. The cost of your kit will depend on your choice of optional units. You are responsible for providing your own working resources. To complete this course you will need to purchase Level 3 kit. Details will be sent to you.
On completion of the course, you may seek employment as a beauty therapist in a clinic, health hydro on cruise ships or at a day spa. You may also wish to continue your studies by progressing to an advanced beauty programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.