Supporting Teaching and Learning (L3) Certificate at Stanmore College
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools provides a secure understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to work directly with children and young people in schools.
This qualification will help learners to develop their knowledge and skills for supporting teaching and learning in schools.
Who the course is aimed at:
The qualification is suitable for people working in senior roles that support pupils' learning in schools.
Learners will need to be working or in a placement in a school where they are in this role at least 12 hours per week and have at least 6 months experience in this role.
This is a course which covers the practical skills and knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as organisations.
- Support learning activities.
- Promote children and young people's positive behaviour.
- Develop professional relationships with children and young people.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
- Support children and young people's health and safety.
- Understand children and young person's development.
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children and young people.
Successful achievers of Level 2 Supporting Teaching& Learning or experienced staff. Working or volunteering in a primary or secondary school as a teaching assistant for at least 6 months before starting the course. Placement/employment should be assisting pupils in the classroom for at least 12 hours/week.
You need to bring a letter from your school
confirming your role as a Teaching Assistant.
You need GCSE Grade C or above in English OR Level 1 or above in Literacy (please bring your certificates with you when you are invited for an interview).
If you do not have any of the above, then you will be doing an Initial Assessment during the interview.
The course will be taught over 30 weeks and will be assessed using assignments and work-based practice including observations.
- Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People's Workforce Development.
Teaching assistants, learning support assistants, special needs assistants in primary, secondary and special schools.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stanmore College directly.