Catering and Hospitality at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
What is Catering and Hospitality?
Careers in the catering and hospitality industry are exciting and varied. You may be working in settings such as restaurants, cafés, hotels, conference centres, bars, or with contract catering companies providing food and drink services for events and parties.
If you’re creative, passionate and dedicated, you can quickly move up the career ladder and progress to supervisory and management positions.
What training will I receive?
You’ll receive real-life training from experienced staff within your workplace, and be visited regularly by a specialist NLTG Tutor. Your Tutor will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship, making sure you develop the skills needed for your job role. As part of your Apprenticeship, you will need to complete a Maths and/or English qualification at Level 1 (ie Grade D/3) if you do not already have these qualifications. Depending on your Apprenticeship, you may also need to study an ICT qualification. Your NLTG Tutor will provide you with support and guidance.
If you are unsure that an Apprenticeship is right for you then why not have a look at our 'Why choose an Apprenticeship?' page. If you feel you are not yet ready for an Apprenticeship, then why not have a look at a Traineeship first?
You will have to take a Skills Scan to ensure your current level of maths and English is at the required level.
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lancs Training Group (NLTG) directly.