German at The Hertfordshire and Essex High School and Science College
As at GCSE level, the language is presented through topics.
- Youth culture and concerns: relationships, music & fashion, technology, alcohol and drugs
- Lifestyle health & fitness: sport & fitness, nutrition, health & wellbeing
- The world around us: travel and tourism, environment
- Education and employment: the German school system, university life, money and jobs.
- Customs, traditions beliefs & religions; abortion, equality, diversilty, science and ethics
- National and international events:
- The second world war, divided Germany, immigration, reunification, Europe, racism, violence & terrorism
- Literature and the arts:
- Famous personalities, German literature, culture
- The World around us:
- Unemployment, homelessness, cyberdating, nuclear power.
In addition, there will be the opportunity to undertake research into aspects of German or German-speaking culture/society.
GCSE grade A in German. If this subject has not been studied previously, students must have a high level of fluency in the language, which will be subject to teacher assessment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Hertfordshire and Essex High School and Science College directly.