Music A Level at Chew Valley School
Advanced skills in listening, appraising, analysis, composing, performing and musicological investigation.
The course offers students the opportunity to develop performance and composition skills, and to extend their understanding of the organisation of sounds, the context of music, and musical styles and genres. General musicianship is developed through the study of the western classical tradition and a variety of popular, alternative and jazz styles.
Students interested in composing and performing music of all styles from classical to jazz. You need to show an ability to respond to music listening and be experienced in playing a musical instrument or singing. Strong music reading skills are an advantage. GCSE Music or Grade 4 plus instrument/theory.
- Unit 1 Performing Music 1. 120/300 marks
- Unit 2 Composing1: 90/300 marks
- Unit 3 Historical study in Music . 90/300 marks
- Unit 4 Performing Music 2. 120/300 marks
- Unit 5 Composing2: 90/300 marks
- Unit 6 Analytical studies in Music . 90/300 marks
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chew Valley School directly.