Multi-Trade Refurbishment & Repair Level 2 Apprenticeship at Kendal College
As an Apprentice you really do get the best of both worlds; you will earn a salary and gain real experience in the workplace with your employer as well as working towards a nationally recognised NVQ and other qualifications.
Apprenticeships are suitable for motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at Level 2.
The learner will learn about:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Information, quantities and communication
- Construction technology.
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Developing customer relationships
- Carrying out masonry repairs
- Carrying out painting and decorating repairs
- Carrying out plastering repairs
- Carrying out plumbing repairs
- Carrying out wood repairs
- Carrying out tiling repairs
- Carrying out roofing repairs
You must be working in a capacity that will allow you to gain experience within a workplace setting to support the development evidence for your portfolio (see belo if you are looking for employment).
For the Level 2 Apprenticeship you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D or above including Maths and English
We also ask students to do Forskills skills test online; this determines what level you are working towards in Maths and English.
You should enjoy working with people and show evidence of good skills in practical subjects.
Looking for employment?
- Email email@example.com
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not on NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
This course is continuously assessed in the workplace and college by portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations and some exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the Assessor where progress is discussed by the learner, assessor and employer.
This qualification will enable you to progress in Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations.
On completion of this qualification, the learner can progress into employment in their chosen trade or on to one of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
- Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Heritage Skills- Brick Worker
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 3 Diploma in Shopfitting Bench Joinery
- Level 3 Diploma Bench Joinery
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations
- Level 3 NVQ Heritage Skills - Wood Occupations
- Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing - Painting and Decorating
- Level 3 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendal College directly.